Today

I had intended to do a lovely pregnancy update post today but it wasn't in the cards for me. 

I am slowly recovering from my little breakdown.

I thought I had a very productive day considering. I did spend about half the morning crying. Could be hormones, could be crazy brain???? Yo No Se. 

However, I did manage to french braid my hair!!!!!!

Indulge in this awesome Berry sour cream coffee cake my husband made!!!! 


Grind some fresh pepper corns! 


Make homemade chicken pot pies. It's my specialty. I always make it in the winter months and it's the PERFECT comfort food. I know this is the thing my kids will call home asking for when their away at college!  My husband asks for it all the time. 


And made some homemade marinara sauce with tomatoes from our garden this summer that my husband blanched and froze! PERFECTION! 

I even managed 4 loads of laundry, folded and put away, took the kids to the park, cleaning of the nursery and a clean kitchen to wake up to. I'd say that's darn good! 
So that was my day. I know my blog hasn't been the the epidemy of excitement lately but I promise I am on the mend and feeling better everyday. I soon will be back to my old self, hopefully inspiring you in one way or another. Belly pics tomorrow I promise and I have DIY tissue garlands coming up too!!!!! 

The kids and I are going to start decorating for Christmas as well. I figure it might lighten up the mood around here to have some holiday cheer!!!!! Maybe we;ll even get a Christmas tree soon. I hope so! 

Have a wonderful night!!!!!
Pin It

9 comments:

Val said...

All of this food looks incredible.

Robyn Burke said...

hang in there Hanna!!

Beth Ann said...

This is the stuff that life's all about! I actually like your blog better than ever. I wish you weren't experiencing a "break down"... but I love reading about your kids and the time you've spent with your family. I love that you are cooking and posting about it again. And wow, were you productive today!!! Way to go!

SueAnn Lommler said...

You rest...you have been working very hard!!
Enjoy the decorating.
Hugs
SueAnn

Becca @ Amuse Your Bouche said...

So glad you're on the mend! Looks like an immensely productive day - that's like a million times more than I usually do :) I can only do 1 load of laundry at a time because we don't have a tumble dryer, and I don't have room to hang up more than 1 load!

christina said...

dang. that pot pie crust looks AMAZING! you should totally share the recipe ( wink )

I am so sorry you feel so emotional! with my son i cried. every. single. day. it was awful to feel so out of whack and not normal or rational. the news? it will go a way and you get a baby for all your suffering : )

Kittie Howard said...

Your photos made me hungry so I went to the kitchen to nibble on something when I really wanted to dive into that pot pie! I'm a little envious of all you accomplished today -- hmm, think I need to move a bit faster here.

I didn't know what the problem was as I haven't visited in a while (life's bumpy road but all's straightening out - it usually does) so scrolled back. From my branch on the tree, it seems like a lot happened to you at once, so much so that anyone would've had problems. So, please don't beat up on yourself. You got help and just as importantly, allowed others to help you. One of my sisters cried constantly when she was pregnant. She returned to her ole self after Jackie's birth. You seem like a really strong person with a determination to move forward. I'm sure you will and smiles will be from ear to ear. Good luck. Hugs!

Jane Craske said...

Gorgeous pastry! Just hang in there, the hormones won't be in contril for much longer.

Alesha said...

Praying for you! It sounds like you had a pretty productive day to me. =) And you've inspired me to make chicken pot pie! I LOVE chicken pot pie and I even have all the ingredients right now! Yummy! I can't wait. =)
Alesha <3
P.S. Tomorrow morning your headband will ship!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...