A Tiny *PEEK* into the New Nursery




Baby number three is due the first week of March!!!! One day before my mother's birthday. I think she might be getting a B*I*G present this year!!!! 


It's no secret that the youngest child always kinda gets left in the dust. I know that sounds mean but it's true. Because I am a nurse and the youngest child,  I have studied a lot about psychology and how people's personalities form due to their line up in the birth order. 

Now, don't get me wrong, the oldest ends up with ALL the responsibility so I'm not sure if being ignored or being completely responsible is worse but none the less, it's pretty true. Not for every family of course but this is what the studies show.

Almost every family I look at really does follow the same patterns of behavior. It's very interesting!!!


I am the youngest of three children and I fit the last child syndrome to a T. 
I am laid back, outgoing, the life of the party but also fairly irresponsible as where the first child will be a little OCD if you will and typically very responsible, maybe a bit more sensitive. The middle child tends to be a people pleaser.

Anyway, I am belaboring the point.

I didn't want this little baby to feel left out or not as special as his or her brother or sister AT ALL!!! 

SO I wanted to redecorate the nursery a bit and not just with the same old stuff from the other babes. I wanted to make something new, something beautiful, something S*P*E*C*I*A*L

 JUST.FOR.THIS.BABY.



My husband and I really wanted a big, beautiful family and God did bless us with one and I am so grateful!!! 

But, Having 3 babies in 3 years and 2 months is a little nuts if you know what I mean? 

And if you don't I'll just tell you, 
IT'S NUTS!!!!! 



So I want this beautiful surprise baby to feel every bit of love that my other two felt and I want to spend time doing special things JUST for this baby as I did the others!!!! 

So that's exactly what this project was all about!!!! 

The nursery is NO WHERE near finished but I couldn't help but reveal this little snipit because I think it's gorgeous. I'm kind of in love with it!!!!! 

The tassel garland is made of fabric scraps. You can find my tissue tassel garland tutorial {HERE}. I used the exact same method except I wrapped a piece of fabric around the twisted loop and secured it with a glue gun.

The Bunting is simply burlap and felt!!! 

EASY.PEASY.BEAUTIFUL.


SO I'M DYING TO 

KNOW.......................WHAT DO YOU 

THINK?????

Pin It

20 comments:

Jamie F said...

Well,I'm loving it! I'm assuming you don't know the sex of the baby? I can't imagine how "nuts" it would be to have 3 babies in 3years! Wow! Good for you!
Jamie

Anella said...

I love this! Reading your blog always makes me feel broody :) haha

kaitlyn hoffman said...

I love it! My oldest daughter of the three is very responsible, OCD like and our sensitive child. :)

Susan said...

SO cute! And colorful! And great for a surprise boy OR girl. Nice job girl.

Marissa said...

You are so creative! Love this!!!

missmeggy said...

Hi there Hanna! you are truly creative!it's lovely! :)


hugs,
Meg

Rachel said...

Sooooo cute, I love it!! Burlap & Felt...so simple & such a great idea!! Darling :)

Tiffany Opp said...

It looks great, what a good idea! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Love yours! I'm following!

Beth Ann said...

Very cute! :) I think it's special to make something just for new baby.

Jen @ redsolesandredwine said...

You are AMAZING! 3 kids in 3 years - I just had one and can't seem to wrap my head around having another yet!

You also look fantastic - can't imagine not knowing!!

Red Soles and Red Wine

Heather said...

I love it! Banners are all the rage these days and for good reason--they're adorable!

I've read/heard different things about how people turn out based on birth order and I've noticed the pattern in my friends too but I can't help but laugh because it's not AT ALL the case with my siblings. I'm the responsible one (middle), my sister is the care-free one (oldest) and my brother is the people pleaser (yooungest). We're an odd bunch!

xo

jmerenberg said...

Love the garland!

Miss Butterflyyy said...

Hi :) Very nice your blog! Love it! If You want You can go to my blog see if you like ;)
Maybe we can follow each other :) What do you think?! :)
Xoxo

Miss Butterflyyy
Miss Butterflyyy Facebook

Marsa said...

that is so exciting!
following your super cute blog :)


happyleeliving.blogspot.com

Lotus Blossom said...

LOVE IT!! xo

A Girls Kind of Therapy said...

I love this and don't worry with this your baby for sure won't feel left out! So cute!

Mal
www.agirlskindoftherapy.blogspot.com

Rebekah Holland said...

The tassel is super cute and I love it! Congrats on the new baby! Having a family and pregnancy is such a blessing.

Kristen Alexis said...

LOVE IT Hanna!! I love the bold colors! I'm going to try that tassel garland. I need something that won't get old! :) Thanks for sharing!!!

lucy at dear beautiful said...

What a lucky baby to have such a gorgeous room ready for him or her. And I think making things for your unborn babies is so lovely, I made both of mine a patchwork quilt.

I popped over here after you commented on my blog and I'm now following you back. You have such a lovely blog. X

Emily Kate said...

Love it!! I'm 33 weeks with third son in four years, so I get you. Love his nursery that's coming along more than the other two's! Can't wait to see the reveal when it's finished!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...