Dear Mr.


Ahhh....Bedtime, 
it's my favorite time of day, not because I don't love and cherish every darn second with my kids but because it gives me a sense on C-A-L-M to finally take in the days happenings and reflect on the ups and the downs and I finally get one little ounce of "me" time. 

 So tonight the kids are snuggled in their beds, my husband left for a late rehearsal and it's just me. 

I will probably make a hot cocoa the size of my head and drink it until my belly is warm and full and just sit still feeling this baby kick.


This morning I had a LONG cry, which lately is not unusual for me. The pregnancy hormones and my depression have gotten the best of me the past few months. 

I cried this morning because I miss my husband. I want to be close to him. I want to talk to him about my feelings. I want to spend hours on the couch watching movies and snuggling like we used to. I want to go somewhere and hold hands like we used to. I want to sleep late just rolling around in bed snuggling in the morning.

I feel like it's been so many years since any of this has occurred. Sometimes I feel like I see him for 5 minuets a day and it's only to discuss 

"business" 

meaning the business of having children; who's getting potty trained when, who ate their lunch and who needs a snack, who had a tantrum and a fever..... what needs to be bought at the store and which couch cushions are in the washing machine because someone peed all over them.........it goes on and on. In fact it never ends.


I just miss him! 

PERIOD!!!!!

I miss his warm smile with dimpled cheeks. I miss his joyful laugh. I miss his ridiculous silly behavior that will make me laugh until my sides hurt.

I MISS MY HUSBAND!!!! 


I love my children and unborn child more than anything in this world but sometimes, just sometimes, I REALLY, REALLY just want my husband to myself for a little while. 

We've only been on 2 dates in over 3 years. I suppose that will so it to you, huh?

I just want him to know how much I love him, I cherish him, I can't wait to grow old together(oh wait, we already are), I want to hold his hand when he's scared, I want to make him beautiful food when his soul hurts, I want to listen to him play music endlessly and watch the passion in his face as he strikes his drums. 

He is mine and I am the luckiest girl in the world. Thank you God for blessing me with a truly good man!! 

I MISS YOU AND I LOVE YOU PAPA MILTON!!!! 

You will A-L-W-A-Y-S be "IT" for me. You always were!!!!!! 

 ALWAYS!!!!!!! 


You can rad more about how I make my marriage work {HERE} or about how I fall in love with him everyday even after 10 years in a post {HERE}




SPECIAL POST!!!!!!!

 And I have a special TREAT for you all today. I am guest blogging and telling a little more about me and my story over on a new friend's blog, Lauren Rebecca.

Number one, you *MUST* meet her

And Number two she left her special December giveaway open for US....YES, all you beautiful people, so please do me a favor, go read my chatter, meet Lauren Rebecca, and enter win like 50 million fabulous prizes while your at it.

K, GOT IT? Thanks!!!!! 

Pin It

14 comments:

Elise@growcreative said...

Hi! I just wanted to say thanks for your comments over at my blog and let you know I am following you too. I've been reading your posts on weight loss and having children and missing your husband. I'm so glad you write about these important things! You are an inspiration!

Lindsey Kubly said...

thanks for stopping by my blog and following. i so resonate with this post - my husband has a busy season at work and the missing can be intense! hope you two get a good date night in sooooon! xo. lindsey

Kaci * Little Piles Everywhere said...

I know the feeling on missing your husband even though you sleep in the same bed with him every night. The best time for us to have a date is lunch time. We make every effort to have lunch together at least once a week. We both work and the kids are at the sitters or school, so we are free to do this. Even if it's something quick we love those lunches.

Shannon @Imperfectly Perfect Grace said...

ohhh my heart felt for you when I read this sweet post about your love for your husband and missing him. At times I feel the exact same way. I don't see him as much as i'd like and when we are together we're talking biz. You wrote your heart feelings beautifully. I saw your guest post today on Lauren Rebecca. So glad to now be following you and sharing in your journeys!

Shannon
imperfectlyperfectgrace.blogspot.com

Heather said...

What you describe as the things you miss doing with your husband are what I am lucky enough to have every day! The snuggling, the laughing, cooking together, sitting for hours and talking.. it's wonderful! Thanks for the reminder to cherish this time together before it's gone!!

Hopefully you get some of that back long before your kids are grown and out of the house!

xo

ps. I wish I lived near you so I could watch your adorable kids while you go on more dates!!

Sureye said...

I love hearing about couples who are truly in love! it just makes my heart warm!

xoxo
Sarai

P.S. newest follower!

TerinAleah said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm following you back! :) I read your About Me section and you are TOO cute! :) What a beautiful family you have!! :)

Leah said...

such a sweet post. i can feel where you're coming from. my husband and i work different schedules and sometimes i feel like i don't talk to him anymore. it's hard! i know that it's tough to have date night with little ones, but if you try to steal a few minutes here and there to just soak eachother in, hopefully that will help. hang in there momma, better times will come.

Fabrizia F. said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I will be following you too... ;-)

Tina from A Few Pretty Things said...

Hi Hana, thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I am glad I met you.
I really know what you are talking about. I don't even remember my last date with my husband (two boys here).
I also read a bit -and will come again for more- about your running. Do you know where I live since last July? In Marathon, Athens, Greece, where the ancient battle took place, and where the classic Marathon race starts every year. I really admire you runners.
OK that was a big comment, I'll stop here.

Kim said...

Thanks for the follow. Now following back.

Megan Githens said...

Beautiful! I can totally relate. It is sometimes hard to handle all the focus moving away from you as a couple and onto your children. It truly is a feeling of missing and longing for that person. Thanks for sharing.
hugs,
Megan@ www.momssurvivingkids.com

Laura said...

I love this post! I feel the same way. I think back to the earlier years of our marriage and how many things we did together and now we are just like y'all! We also don't really do date nights. I guess we should too :)

Susan Liberatore said...

This is so sweet. He is a lucky guy! And I hear you on the "business" piece...it seems like that is all we talk about as well. Life!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...