1.5 pound walnuts, almonds or pecans (or a mixture, I used whole walnuts and slivered almonds)
1.5 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons sea salt or kosher salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 C)
2. In a mixing bowl whip egg whites and water until frothy, about 1 minute
3. In a seprate bowl mix sugar, salt and cinnamon
4. Add the nuts to the egg mixture adn toss until coated.
5. pour the sugar mixture over the nuts and mix thoughly with your hands.
6. Spread nuts onto 2 cookie sheets lined with parchment paper so that nuts are single layer and spread evenly.
7. bake one hour. You may stir half way through. I did not and they came out perfect.
I am planning to use these to make a really fun holiday popcorn mix, some too die for sticky buns and just to munch on.
My husband came into the kitchen and said, "what's this? and then instantly couldn't put them down he thought they were soooooo good and trust me they are. Plus easy and cheap!!
Can't go wrong.
A LITTLE NOTE:
For the next week I will be posting "The Best of Bouffe e Bambini". So I hope you don't get bored but I will be posting some of my all time favorite outfit, recipes, DIY projects, and personal stories. I will also be posting some new things too so don't worry!!!! I'll share why with you later but I've got good reason. Oh and the followers widget will re appear just for a little while. If you don't already follow I would L*O*V*E it if you would. I love new friends!!! Just trust me on this one. Say a little prayer for me:)
I just want you all to know how much I appreciate your undying support especially at this time in my life!!!!