Meet Carissa and Her Peppermint Fudge




Please welcome the wonderful Carissa!!!! 

Today, you are in luck because she is going to share an amazing recipe with us!!!! YAY!!!
My favorite! 

And............get this...........she's a runner!!! A woman truly after my own heart!!!!



i am so excited to be here today! i'm carissa from carissamiss.com. i "met" hanna and instantly liked her. we both share a love of good food {especially treats} and running! before i get to business and share my amazing secret fudge recipe, i'll share a little bit about me!

i am a DIYer to the core. we recently bought a house and have been working hard at beautifying it and making it ours. the latest project was building our own kitchen table! it was a great project to do together and i look at it every day and smile. we have a two year old who keeps us happy and hopping! 

i love to dabble in photoshop creating christmas cards, baby announcements, and editing pics. 

i love to cook and i blog about my menu planning ideas. i've found that doing a monthly menu helps us out the most! sound daunting? you can use mine until you get the hang of it.

i love trying new recipes i've found on pinterest {follow me} and also sharing my own. 

so without further ado, here is my favorite fudge recipe. 


i can't wait for you to make this and tell me that you will never ever make regular fudge again. the secret is in the marshmallows...maybe you've seen this before or maybe you haven't, but you can't deny how easy it is!

Ingredients:
3 cups chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk
3 c mini marshmallows
1 tsp vanilla
drop of peppermint flavoring

Directions:
1) melt chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in microwave until smooth. i do this in 30 second chunks so the chocolate doesn't scorch. 
2) add marshmallows and return to microwave, heating just until marshmallows puff up. do this step in 30 second segments. stir until completely melted and smooth.
3) add vanilla and peppermint and combine.
4) pour into your buttered square pan. i like to put plastic wrap in the pan and then pour the fudge right into the plastic wrap. you can see it in the pic.
5) crush a candy cane and sprinkle the crumbs on the top of the fudge.
5) chill until you can cut cleanly! a couple hours inside.


thanks for letting me share a little about me and my yummy treats! i'd love for you to come on over and see what else i have cooking!
carissa

4 comments:

Oishii Treats said...

very cool x-mas card, I wanted to make my own this year but got a little sidetracked. Love the peppermint fudge, looks delicious.

Carrie Teal said...

Sounds so good and I think I could maybe actually make it . I have been meaning to visit earlier but got the flu, so happy to have you join my blog, and so glad to have found yours.

Carrie

Melissa Bo said...

Your peppermint fudge sounds so good!
Its nice meeting you! =)

Tiffany said...

This sounds AMAZING! So going to do it, even if it is after Christmas.

Merry Christmas, Hanna! Thanks for sharing Carissa with us :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...