Pumpkin Puff Pastry Sweet Rolls

The original recipe for these gorgeous pastries came from Marina at Yummy Mummy. If you don't know her and don;t read her blog you should. She;s amazing and I knew as soon as I saw these I needed to make them. I did alter the recipe a bit and they came out to die for, obviously, just look at them!!!! 

2 sheets puff pastry
1/4 cup pumpkin butter (I also used Trader Joe's brand)
1 cup crushed candies nuts. My recipe {HERE}
1/4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
1/4 stick of  butter divided into pats

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Unfold thawed puff pastry dough. Spread pumpkin butter over the dough, leaving a 1" border on the long sides. Sprinkle with crushed candied nuts!  Roll up, lengthwise. Cut crosswise into 6 pieces.

Grease a giant muffin tin generously with butter or crisco. I didn't want them to stick at all and they came out great.  Place each pumpkin roll inside it's own cup and divide the excess candied nuts, brown sugar, and butter between 6 giant cups in a muffin tin and place on top of each pumpkin roll.  Bake 35-45 minutes until puffed and completely cooked through. Cook these a few minutes longer than you think they need, or the center will not be cooked enough. Let cook 5 minutes and then remove from muffin tin. Serve warm. 




I used 2 sheets of puff pastry from Trader Joes and married them together with a fork. It worked great. Then I spread my Pumpkin butter.


Of course you can crush your candied nuts in a food processor like a normal person or you can do my super quickie trick which is use a hefty zip lock and smash them with a hammer. 

WORKS.GREAT.EVERY.TIME. 

Just trust me on that one and try it sometime! 


Cut into 6 rolls and place into muffin tin. Top with a spoon full of brown sugar a tiny pat of butter and a few more nuts. 

BAKE

GORGEOUS aren't they?

Now, please go visit Marina at Yummy Mummy because I totally used her recipe and she's lovely and cooks  the BEST FOOD!!!! 
Pin It

6 comments:

Rosemary Nickerson said...

I have to admit, the sweet rolls drew me in. Then I scrolled down and read six more posts. All good. Love the family photos...where is the new baby? Are these older shots? The two colour cookies, tassel garlands and pb and chocolate pretzels are fab ideas too. Happy Advent!
Rosemary

Susan said...

YUM!

Kimberly Bonham said...

Yummy!
These look so good!
New follower!

Heather said...

I can't wait to make these. Holy yum!! They look amazing. I don't have pumpkin butter so I'm going to mix butter at room temperature with pumpkin puree, do you think it'll work? I might throw in some cinnamon too. And I'll be making your candied nuts for the recipe. All happening this weekend!!

Weekends are when sugar is allowed for me (otherwise I would go crazy, no self control over here!) and I have an open house/pot luck to attend--this will be perfect! Might try making them mini... we'll see!

Thanks for the recipe :)

Char said...

OMG I must make these! I've been dying for something sweet. Gosh, that seems to be a trend for me, right?! Thanks for sharing!

Marina D said...

Looks way better than when I made them LOL. Thanks for sharing :) xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...