5 Things *Confessional*


Confession #1.

 Sometimes when I run out of deodorant and I'm too lazy or we're too broke to go to the store to buy more, I just use my husband's Old Spice. 

Nope, not kidding!

I've been doing it for 10 years. I didn't think anything of it until a couple months ago my husband F-I-N-A-L-L-Y (after 10 years) realized it and was so aghast that he dropped what he was doing, went to the drug store and bought me more feminine deodorant right there and then.

Funny, how opposite we are. I couldn't have cared less but to him it was an atrocity.

Gotta love being married

Confession #2.

When I am really being manic about my baking addiction. I will plan out elaborate baking projects while the kids are napping which is of course the most ridiculous thing you can do because they wake at the drop of a pin. 

So I can often be found creaming butter in a closet or on the porch in the snow with no shoes on to avoid waking the children with my baking madness. 


Confession #3.

Sometimes I iron my blouses with my flat iron (hair straightener).

YUP. 
I worked in fine dining restaurants for 12 years. That means I had to wear, what we servers would call, "The Monkey Suit" every night which consisted of a crisp, pressed white button down, tie and black slacks. 

I Ironed a white button down with perfectly creased sleeves  5 days a week for 12 years and now I'm tired of it. 
I strongly dislike ironing, however, I do happen to be very good at it. 
So I  guess if my hubsand's ever lucky enough that I am feeling super sweet and iron his Sunday Best for him he looks like a million bucks!!!!



Confession #4.

My husband and I are horrible food snobs. 

We once went on a cruise and just about the entire experience was ruined purely because of the experience with the food. 
I suppose both of us working in restaurants for years and years doesn't bode well when you know exactly where the food is coming from, how long it's been on that boat and that all 29 restaurants in the ship are serving the exact same frozen cardboard chicken just with a different sauce poured out of a can on top of it. 
Sorry, if your a cruise lover but I will tell you it was NOT our cup of tea. I think by the end I was eating strictly bananas, yogurt and dry cereal.

Confession #5.
I once went 28 days without washing myself AT.ALL. 
No shower, No tub.
I think I took one or two very minimal sponge baths with about 1 cup of water and no soap. SAD!!!! 

Yup.......it's actually not nearly as bad as it seems, after about a week or so, Your body odor doesn't get any worse. Sorry, I know WAY too much information but just in case you ever want to go live in a mountain for a month, now you'll know what to expect stench wize:)

Now I didn't do this just for the fun of it. 
I did an intensive Outward Bound course where I lived in the Australian outback for over a month with nothing but a tarp and a sleeping bag.

IT.WAS.AMAZING.

Changed my life for sure!!!! 

Besides it's not THAT foreign to me, read about  MY ROOTS {HERE}
Wrap: {EVY'S TREE}
T-Shirt: Forever 21
Leggings: Motherhood
Belt: J Crew
Boots: Minnotonka Mokasins
You all must think I am the WEIRDEST human being on the planet by now. 

I should probably stop confessing so much:)

linking with Casey Wiegand



Pin It

34 comments:

Debbie Huffaker said...

When your daughter was born, you purchases a little stuffed owl from me for her nursery (pinks and yellows). I lost contact with you after that, had too many blogs on my follow list. I saw a pic of you on Pinterest about your weight loss and clicked the link and voila...here we are full circle. I'm so enjoying reading all about your weight loss...but also your battle with depression because I've suffered with that, too, over my lifetime (I'll be 58 this month). So glad to get reconnected and praying for a healthy, happy new baby for you and your family!!

Heather Sullivan said...

I use my husband's deodorant all the time, sometimes because I am actually out of my own, but also because I just like the smell of it. I love to smell like him...so some mornings, I just reach over and use his for the sheer joy of it. :) He does think I'm weird but this is nothing new to him.

Marissa said...

I also use other's deoderant if mine is not available. Some people truly cannot handle it, for me, does not phase me. Hilarious post, thanks for the giggles.

The {Mrs} Adventure of a misplaced Belle said...

Guilty of number one.. for sure.

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

YOU look so beautiful!! Ya know Old Spice actually smells great so I dont blame ya there at all one bit!

Susan said...

I don't think you're weird at all! Just open and honest AND FABULOUS.
Love you girl. Happy New Year!! xox

Heather said...

Oh please! Your confessions don't make me think you're weird--they reassure me that I'm normal!!

Love this series!

xo

sip-n-wear said...

Great blog you have here! Are you sure you're following mine? Don't see ya...

Our due dates are one week apart!! Congrats on the pregnancy!

Shary said...

Deodorant - I don't use it often. I know it sounds disgusting but I have ultra sensitive pits and the stuff that I do feel comfortable wearing is so expensive. If my BO gets bad enough to use anything, my boyfriend is happy.

Baking - Yes. This is me. We are twins.

That outback adventure sounds amazing!!!

Heather@Tatter and Fray said...

Hi Hanna. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog...I'm now following you! I love your confession list...and I will freely admit that I, too, have ironed shirts (or at least collars and cuffs) with a hair straightener! ;)

Charlotte said...

Hanna, you are hysterical. I am so excited to have found your blog! We have so much in common. Pregnancy, weight loss, fitness, food, New Orleans. I feel like I have a million questions for you! Can't wait to read along! And by the way... I wear my husband's D.O. sometimes too :)

Jersey Blogess said...

Omg!! did you say 28 days? wow!! you are a warrior!! awesome!
thanks fot stopping by!! new follower

Onto my Wardrobe said...

Great blog dear! What about following each other? Also on bloglovin and fb if you want...just let me know :3 <3
MARC JACOBS GIVEAWAY!

NEW OUTFIT POST!

Rachel said...

those are some pretty honest confessions :) I can't believe you handled the Australian outback a la Survivor! I understand the issue of having to bake quietly :)
floral&fudge

Rolled Up Pretty said...

I always use my husband's deodorant! :)

Sheila said...

haha I love reading your confessions! They're great! :)

xo - Sheila
www.sheislovelyblog.com

Dara said...

that's amazing about the australian outback!

jolene's spot said...

HA! I totally do that with the flat iron too! Usually I just do the collar and the line going down the frint with the button holes! lol:)

My Traveling Troop said...

Aww! Cute post! Made me chuckle!

I used my husband's deodorant once and I felt so sneaky. Shhh! Don't tell! ha ha

Cheers,
Kristina

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

Your fringe-y boots are so fun, and I bet they are super comfy! Ooh, ironing with a flat iron - hey, when you gotta make something work, you gotta make it out!

Cristi NoHYIE said...

Thanks so much for stopping by and supporting TheNouxRejekt.com! You are absolutely adorable!

Michell @Prowess and Pearls said...

Hahaha Hanna that was too funny...you're a brave woman!;-) Stopping by to say hello! Actually I think my husband's Old Spice works/smells better than mine. He always picks some up for me when he goes shopping for deoderant, lol! Have a blessed week my friend!

Pinkie for Pink said...

This is too cute Hanna. I ALSO iron some things with my flat iron! Especially my sons and daughters clothes that are super small or if I am too lazy to get the iron and board out and set up :)
Thank you for coming by my blog and following me. I am your newest follower!

Nichole
www.pinkieforpink.com

Natalie Ensor said...

HA! I use my hubs deodorant (often)
Also I loved this post! So fun and refreshing and makes me just love you that much more!

Hollie "Jet" Black-Ramsey said...

nope. You just sound like an honest human to me!

beth @ {a latte inspiration} said...

I can relate to this, it just makes you more human. :) I was in southern China 2.5 years ago and had to sponge bath with well water for 2.5 weeks while visiting my husband's mom side of the family. That wasn't the worst of it was using the bathroom facilities aka a hole in the ground. It definitely makes you think what "luxuries" we take for granted. :)

Shabby Sweet Tea said...

Girl...you are nuts. I needed a funny post to read on my quick lunch hour. This satisfied that need!

Rebekah @ Living && Learning said...

No worries on the Deodorant front! I do the exact same thing!! Today I'm sporting Old Spice Denali because I haven't made it to the store yet!

Anne Hill said...

these are so fun! and you look great!!

Rebecca Maier said...

I also confess to #1,3 doing the cuffs on pants only if they're bad, & i only went shower less for 8 days in a CO backpacking trip. We did find a lake with mud to exfoliate with in the middle of the week, but that didn't help the stench!

CC said...

Ok first you are hilarious and adorable and I totally love the pic of you looking at the fence. :)
And second pretty much the only ironing I do is with my straightener (which I never use on my hair) but works so well on recalcitrant collars, cuffs and button plackets. :)

Kisha Jaggers said...

New Follower!! Found you through Caseys linkup! Love your blog.. and when you have time hop over to my blog kjaggers.com and if you like what you see.. follow back! Happy New Year!!

Kristen Alexis said...

Love the confessional idea!! You should make it into a blog hop!! I'd join for sure!! :) I think you can learn a lot about someone by random facts or confessions! Let me know what you think?? :)

Elizabeth Ann @ Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box said...

Ha! I love this! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...