Gnocchi Butternut Squash, Mushroom, Sage and Parmesan in iPhone pics



I told you I couldn't stay away long:)


There is a first time for everything and this is my VERY first time posting an entire recipe with photos only from my itouch. Normally I would like to think I take much better photographs with my real camera but this was an impromptu meal and lets face it I was probably exhausted and had one toddler hanging off each leg so this is what I came up with!!!!

However, it was SOOOOO   D*E*L*I*C*I*O*U*S!!!!!!!! 
I originally go the idea for this combination of flavors from the wonderful blog {A Clove of Garlic, A Pinch of Salt}I think her recipe was for tortellini but I decided to substitute homemade Gnocchi!!!

OHHHHHH and it was GOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!



Ingredients for gnocchi:
2 large russet potatoes
1 egg beaten
1/2-3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt

Ingredients for squash and sauce:
one small spaghetti squash cut into 1 inch cubes
1/2 a package of baby bellas and 2 heaping hand fulls shitakes (substitute any mushrooms you like)
1/4 cup whole sage leaves
1/8 cup olive oil for tossing veggies in
3 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup grated Parmesan

Recipe for Gnocchi:
Bake potatoes @400 degrees for 1 hour or until tender. Remove and cool. Next cut the potatoes in half and scoop the insides into a bowl. Now add the salt, egg and flour (start with a 1/2 cup and add more as needed) The dough ball should not be sticky. Add flour until manageable. Knead for a few minuets, separate into 4 sections and roll into a thin tube on a floured surface.  when the roll is about about 1/2 inch thick stop and slice. You may texturize your gnocchi with a gnocchi paddle or a fork. This will help the sauce stick to the dumplings better but it's not necessary. I chose not to for this batch. 
Bring a salted pot of water to a boil and cook gnocchi 2-3 minuets. Cook it in small batches. You should have about 3-4 batches. As soon as the gnocchi floats to the top of the water scoop it out with a handheld strainer so you can reuse the same water for all the batches. 

Recipe For Squash and sauce:

Place cubes squash, mushrooms, sage and olive oil with a taste of salt and pepper in a oven safe dish and back at 425 for 25 minutes until squash is tender. Meanwhile have 4 quarts of water salted and boiling. Remove and place into a larger sauce pan. Heat butter and toss in veggies. Now cook your gnocchi and as they finishing batches throw them directly into the squash mixture. Once the gnocchi is completely cooked and added then add the Parmesan, mix and serve. 




Hope your enjoying your weekend friends!!!!! 
Pin It

7 comments:

Brooke said...

Mmmmmm, looks so good!


=) Brooke


Oh, I was wondering if you have any tips for gtts? I have not done any in the ED yet, but I know the time is coming...I nervous! Do you know of any websites, or do you have any tips?!


Thank you

Ashley Smith said...

Look delicious! I love butternut squash ravioli so i can only imagine what this tastes like!

gl0ssy said...

This looks delicious! yum!
Love homemade gnocci, I wish I had the patience to make it more often


gl0ssi.blogspot.ca

Kymmie said...

Yummy! I'm trying definitely. And good work with the mobile pictures. They didn't turn out so bad after all ;) x

Val said...

This is a perfect Winter meal. I'm a huge fan of gnocchi.

Char said...

Yum!! I still need to try making Gnocchi! I love butternut squash. Happy Weekend mama :) xoxox

Susan said...

Good LAWD this looks amazing!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...