Longing for Simplicity



We have one car with no car payment.
We have no cellular telephones.
We have one land line with an old fashioned answering machine.
I do not participate in a personal facebook account, only one for my blog.
We don't eat out.
We don't have credit cards.

AND YET....................I feel constantly surrounded by CHAOS, clutter, piles of junk so high I can't see around them. I feel overwhelmed, suffocated, like I am going to get crushed under a huge boulder of "stuff".

I LONG FOR SIMPLICITY!!!!!!!


I don't want a fancy car or new furniture or a makeover. 

I WANT SIMPLICITY!!!!

I don't think simplicity or {balance} is something I have ever had in my life and the root is obviously not in my surroundings, it's in my head

So how so I begin to de-clutter that mess of chaos?


1. Actively seek contentment in the moment regardless of the situation.

2. Continue to pray and have faith. 

3. Continue to actively be grateful each and every single day even if it's for the smallest thing.

4. Continue to reach out when I feel overwhelmed or like I need help even if I don't want to.

5. Breathe in and out.

6. Continue to communicate with the ones I love even when I want to just SHUT DOWN.


Tunic: Isabella Oliver
Rosette Necklace: c/o  {Little Old Souls}


Today I am grateful for my new friend Bettina from {Little Old Souls}.

I won a giveaway on her lovely {BLOG} and even though she lives in Australia, she sent me the gorgeous rosette necklace you see above and the adorable little overalls you see below.

She custom made the overalls for us since we don't know the sex of our baby. They look white but actually a very pale, pale blue poplin fabric with place yellow accents. Honestly, they are so cute I can hardly stand It. I keep taking them out and gazing at them!! I can't wait to see those chubby thighs poking out of them. 

Bettina has a beautiful {SHOP} and a beautiful family and {BLOG} 

I'd love it if you'd pay her a visit because today I am grateful for her!!!! 

Thank you Bettina!


I will leave you with these 3 quotes that make me feel "normal" sometimes:)


~ONE~
"For a long time it seamed to me that life was about to begin........real life, but there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first , some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid.

Then life could begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life." 

~ fr.-Alfred d'sousa


~TWO~
The Serenity Prayer

"God grant me the serenity 
to accept the things I cannot change; 
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference"




This was a quote that I found extremely inspiring. I read it on Lauren Rebecca the other day and fell in love with it so I had to share! 


~THREE~
"No one longs for what he or she already has, and yet the accumulated insight of those wise about the spiritual life suggests that the reason so many of us cannot see the red X that marks the spot is because we are standing on it.  The treasure we seek requires no lengthy expedition, no expensive equipment, no superior aptitude or special company. All we lack is the willingness to imagine that we already have everything we need. The only thing missing is our consent to be where we are.”

 ~Barbara Brown Taylor

STYLELIXIR Style Sessions
Pin It

24 comments:

Provocative Manners said...

What a great post! We are so happy to be sponsoring your page! What a fabulous blog!

Sybil@PeaceitallTogether said...

Awesome quotes! I love these statements..."All we lack is the willingness to imagine that we already have everything we need. The only thing missing is our consent to be where we are.” Needed this today!

Sybil
http://peaceitalltogether.blogspot.com

mrs. tabb said...

wow you are such and inspiration. we're so close to one car payment!! it'll help us gain simplicity too!! :)
xoxo

We Are The Tabbs

Bettina Rae said...

Hanna, the necklace looks beautiful on you. Thank you for you kind words. I feel very blessed that you consider me a new friend. I'm searching for simplicity too. I've been reading 'The Happiness Project' and whilst she did some crazy (not simple) resolution planning I did take a few things from it. Physical clutter clearing can help the mind and do something each day that makes you happy. I find yoga helps me. It gives me the space away from thoughts and worries and puts me back into my body. In the way I imagine running probably does for you.

Erika said...

Loved this post! and I LOVE your hair!

Tami said...

I am stick stuck on the fact you don't have a cell phone, car payment or eat out. Wow! You are amazing! We didn't have a car payment for 13 years. It was so nice. But then the car went Kaput! Now I have a car payment and I am counting down the days I no longer do. Then I will wait another 13 years before I get another car. ;-)

How nice of Bettina to send you those gifts!! You have a sweet, sweet friend!!!!

Dara said...

love the necklace!

Lauren said...

xoxoxo
Glad you found this as helpful as I did.

Priscilla said...

Great quotes. Thanks for sharing.

Regina Sullivan said...

Hi Hanna! Thanks for following my blog over at I Would'nt Trade Nothing for My Journey Now! I gave you a follow back. I absolutely agree with your post on Simplicity...that is what I crave too, I just can't seem to get there :) but I am working toward it. Congratulations on your baby, and can I just say you are the cutest pregnant woman I have seen....looking forward to continuing reading!

Maria said...

I really admire your way of life...you are beautiful. And that necklace is so so pretty!! Blue and red are one of my favorite combos. And those sweet overalls...omygosh! Thanks for sharing your insights and Bettina's page!
Xoxox
Maria

christina said...

we totally one car-ed it for 2 years. I actually loved it. and we do not have a house phone. and my husband refuses to participate in any social media.lol.

looking good!

K.Lee said...

Way to go Bettina! Everything looks wonderful!

Hanna the last picture of you looks amazing...blow it up in a canvas and put it up above a fire place. What a beauty.

xx,
klee

kisskissbyklee.blogspot.com



Molly Kay said...

Thanks for the follow Hanna!!! Love your blog and can not wait to read more!

Lauren @ STYLELIXIR said...

I love the white with such vibrant colors in the necklace - it's stunning!! You're looking so beautiful Hanna! I love those little baby outfits too!

Thank you again for linking up to Style Sessions!

Lauren xx
www.stylelixir.com

Melanie said...

Congratulations on winning such a beautiful giveaway ! I think everybody in the world is wanting the same thing. Simplicity represents peace in our hearts and our lives. When the world appears to be spinning around ever so fast it is incredibly hard to slow it down. Sometimes these precious gifts of winning giveaways and being blessed with amazing family and friends are just the thing to remind us that we are indeed doing a good job and really are so lucky. I guess one thing in this life is certain.....nothing ever stays the same forever and bad moments will eventually be replaced with grander ones that will make us smile again.
Blessings and hugs

Vicky Fida said...

Beautiful quotes! And beautiful photos of you!!!! I too long for simplicity in my life but being a perfectionist is not helping me achieve it!

Stephany said...

WONDERFUL POST!! I love your blog and am going to to tell you - I will be finding myself stopping by often to read and catch up. Thank you so much for finding me!!

I long for simplicity too.
We don't live these "extragagant lives" but the life we live and lead is priceless! I just did away with my facebook (after being on it since 2005) I HATE FACEBOOK! I don't even have one for my blog. :( I do often wish I did b/c I some blog friends do not participate on Twitter.

I love your pictures and I love that necklace!

Great quotes too (the last one is my favorite) - LOVE Lauren Rebecca's blog! :)

Happy Wednesday new friend. <3 <3 <3

Julie Marie said...

first of all , hannah you are completely adorable pregnant lady. beautiful. and you take beautiful photos.. 2nd i love love the FIRST quote. It makes so much sense. And I just recently got rid of my personal facebook. honestly the blog can get stressful enough without reading everyones opionions and complains and judgements on facebook. I figure ive had enough. we will see how long I last, hopefully a long time. right now i have to go through my sons facebook account to post on my BLOG facebook. haha..I made my 9 yr old an administrator ;) so I could disappear.

Rachael said...

This is such a lovely post - thank you for sharing this : ) after having a very overwhelming day myself this has been a very inspiring read. You have a very beautiful bump

Rachael

http://print-and-stitch.co.uk/blog/#.UP_Vx3wgGK3

Christina M said...

Cute overalls for the little one! The serenity prayer is one of my favorites :)

Sara said...

you look GORGEOUS!

http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

Sara said...

you look GORGEOUS!

http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

Erin Kelly Cannon said...

Cute necklace...you have a pregnancy glow!!

xoxo
www.thefashioncanvas.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...