SOMETHING *beautiful* is Happening Here




Lately, I have been feeling *something*. Something MORE is happening on this blog.

Yes, I've always really liked blogging. I've always found it to be a good outlet. I have met some great people. I got to keep a personal memoir of my life forever but recently something changed.

This blog has FILLED me! 
This blog has Gratified me.
This blog has FULFILLED me in a way it never has before.


When I first started this blog 3 years ago I had no idea what direction I was going. I thought I wanted strictly a food blog.  I mainly posted recipes and hardly anything about my personal life. My photos were HORRIBLE!!!!!! I mean seriously bad:)
 
I didn't feel comfortable writing, truly writing about anything "real."

I was afraid of how other's would judge me. I wanted people to like me.



But then I hit another phase where I wanted people to see me. I wanted people to read my blog and like it so I tried harder. 

 The only problem, my heart wasn't FULLY in it .
 I was, I think at a point that every blogger gets to at one point in their blogging career, I wanted TOO MUCH! I got greedy; such an ugly quality.
I wasn't being true and real and forming true, real relationships. 

Am I proud of that? 
Absolutely not!!!!! but I am being 100% honest with you.
I wanted followers and felt like I would do anything to get them, I wanted to Be "SEEN"

But guess what?

I didn't get truly SEEN! Not by the eyes I wanted to see me! 

You don't  get truly "SEEN" until you drop the curtain and just be you.

Forget about the numbers, forget about the followers, forget about the stats, 


JUST.BE.YOU.

JUST.WRITE.YOUR.TRUTH.

Everyone will see you:)



So I started writing about "MY TRUTH" I started sharing my heartaches, my struggles along with my joy and my triumphs but I let myself be real, raw, honest to the core and the response I got was AMAZING.

The first post I wrote like that I was horrified. As soon as I hit "post", I thought, "Oh no what have I just done to myself. My readers are going to hate me."

NOPE.WRONG.

The exact opposite happened. I had the most amazing response I have ever had. 

SO ever since then I have always been VERY, VERY honest here in this space and that is something you can 
A-L-W-A-Y-S count on with me. You really are getting to know the true me, the real me.

Be raw, Be Honest, Tell The ugly Truth in a beautiful way, Inspire people, Make them feel welcome and not alone. Make yourself APPROACHABLE!!!!!  We're all in this together. That's what it's all about. Well for me anyway! 

No expectations
No selfish wants
Nothing in return


When I went back to work full time after Ginger was born the blog took a MAJOR back seat which was what was necessary for me to get enough time with my family so I stopped caring as much about it. That's okay. It was what it was. 

Every since I have been out on maternity leave (I've been BACK), something happened, something changed! 

I feel like I have been called to do something more with this blog! 

Reach more people to inspire them, to comfort them, to let them know their not alone. I feel like I need to use this blog to be absolutely 100% me but I feel like it's more than that. 
I feel like I am meant to CONNECT.  To help people connect the dots, whether it's weight loss or depression or joy or gratitude or faith (which I am VERY new to.) 

I feel like I have been chosen to do something here, exactly what????

I don't know yet
 but what I do know is that I have a huge warm fuzzy spot in my heart every single day because of this blog and my readers. 

You have shown me that there are truly still really, really good people in this word who would give anything to help another suffering soul.

I LOST THAT BELIEVE 7 YEARS AGO and shakily had it before then. 

After the loss of everything in Katrina, My faith was shaken, I was torn apart inside, skeptical, I felt like I couldn't ever fully trust anyone again. 
(One day I will tell you my story, the whole story)

and I am so joyful to  know that I was wrong. I can, I will and I am. 

Thank you for reading my blog, for letting me share my stories, good, bad, ugly and joyous with you. 

Thank you for lifting me up when I don't have the strength to stand on my own and I truly hope you will stick around for a long time because I enjoy you, immensely!



I also am so pleased that ever since I have come back and commited my life here to this little blog I have met SOOOOOO many wonderful woman and have ALREADY formed wonderful friendships, and support groups. They bring me so much encouragment! 

I have also had the pleasure to come across of the most wonderful handmade shops. Oh be still my heart. I L*O*V*E handmade shops like nothing else. Their creations are far more beautiful in my eyes than anything that could ever come from a factory! Just a few of my favorites

1. {Lemons and Lace}
2. {Acute Designs}
3. {The Printed Palette}
4. {Evy's Tree}
5. {Take the Cannoli}
skirt: Wal-Mart $9
Coat: Target
scarf: TJ Max 
Boots: Cork-Ease
Tank: forever 21 xtra long

Something has happened my friends. 
Something Beautiful!!!! 

Thank you so much for being part of my journey, my life, and my blog!!!!

And please do feel free to enter my *I Love You* giveaway. 

It's for you lovelies!!!!! 
STYLELIXIR Style Sessions


Pin It

40 comments:

alissa apel said...

You are a very beautiful person.

Christy said...

Glad you're doing well. Great post and beautiful pictures! Who took/edited them? Some of my favs

Christy said...

I wasn't done with my comment yet. lol. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

Natalie J said...

What a lovely post! I really appreciate your honesty, and I'm hoping to be more open on my blog as well.

Love your pictures! What kind of camera do you have?

melody-mae said...

I loved this post. Your thoughts are mirrored with mine...Love you.

melody-mae said...

I loved this post. Your thoughts are mirrored with mine...Love you.

A.Michelle said...

Hi Hanna! Thanks so much for the follow. You also have a lovely blog. Following you back!

www.thepreppylittlepolkadot.blogspot.com

Lisa @ MMT said...

Beautiful! Beautiful post and beautiful you (inside & out)! I know exactly what you are talking about with this blog journey. I feel like I've gone through the same phases and right now I'm kinda stuck in a blog rut. I haven't blogged in two weeks because I've been trying to focus on our family and get things done before baby comes, but I've also been giving my blog a lot of thought and pondering what direction I want it to go, or shall I say what direction God is leading me to...
But I totally connected to everything you said and I hope to be as inspired and motivated as you soon :)

Sharon @ Lilikoi Joy said...

Hi Hanna! Thanks for visiting my blog and following. I'm following via RSS and pinterest! I had a chance to glance at your blog and I look forward to following more! What caught my eye is your weight loss journey. It is so similar to mine! I also lost 115 pounds and was a size 22! I am totally feeling where you were at and the joy of that post! Congratulations. That is some awesome work right there. And these pics in this post are adorable. Take care! Sharon

Melissa Ann said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog!! I love your pregnancy pics! Tooo cute! I am following back via GFC.

Much love,
Melissa - The Eyes of a Boy
www.theeyesofaboy.com

New End Studio said...

Hanna,

Keep being true to yourself and those who are meant to be in your life will find you. Big blessings for your family and whatever path you find best. ♥

Gloria

Northern Beauty Blogs said...

Great post!
Thank you forvstopping by & following, i have followed bk

All the best
X

Sarah Louise said...

Hi Hanna, thank you for visiting my blog! What a lovely baby bump you have! I have just had my third baby, so we have 5, 4 and 4mo olds. It is busy, but so lovely! They are my world. Looking forward to reading more on your blog. Have a lovely weekend.

Sarah
www.lookingasuare.co.uk

shel young said...

Hello there

wow! what an inspiring post! (Especially as I'm just starting out! Gulp!) I'm really looking forward to reading more posts!

Thanks for checking out my blog too, following through GFC :)

Shel @ Sweet Petite

Helen said...

What a wonderful post! Thank You for guiding me to your blog, I can tell its going to be one of the ones that uplifts me everyday.

Beth Ann said...

I've definitely found that the posts from the heart and that are maybe a little scary to write are the ones that resonate most with people.

You look great, too. Love that baby belly! :)

Perfectly Imperfekt Me, aka Maya D. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Perfectly Imperfekt Me, aka Maya D. said...

I'm so HAPPY You found me, because I've now found you! :) I really enjoyed reading this post, its so TRUE! I'm new to blogging and at times I get caught up on the number of followers I have, and whether people are actually reading my content. It's so easy to get caught up in the hype of it all. I've told myself that the main thing is to write what I feel and believe-if I do that then I consider myself successful-my missions complete because I'm staying TRUE to ME-the people that like ME will follow, and the people that don't, won't. it's a really simple formula to follow... TRUE+YOU=SUCCESS

Brass Knuckles said...

So true! When I blog sometimes I edit myself because I think, hey my family... My mother in law... My coworkers are going to see this! But the more I open up (and I'm not completely there yet) the more fun an fulfilling blogging becomes for me. Thanks for finding me, following you now! Xx. Brass knuckles
Http://covertboutique.blogspot.com

Provocative Manners said...

That was such a lovely post! Thank you so much for sharing all that! Absolutely beautiful!

Jenn said...

Lovely post, lovely photos :)

Have a happy weekend!

Melissa said...

Ive been following your blog for over a year, and truly love **all** of your posts!

You are an amazing, inspiring person! Keep up the great work!
You look fabulous!

Sara Blevins said...

Hanna, thank you for visiting my blog and follow me. We are all part of the solution God want use us to live truly and reach out to others. Thank you for sharing your story!

ChatterBlossom said...

Wow! I'm so glad I came to visit your blog for the first time and landed on this post! You are quite inspiring (and adorable with your baby bump!) and I really appreciate what you are trying to do with your blog.
I'm looking forward to following along with you now.
Thank you for visiting my blog. ;-)
Your newest follower,
Jamie
http://chatterblossom.blogspot.com/

stephanie said...

love you girl! you look beautiful and sound happy!!! xo

Natalie said...

Really lovely photos!!

Yo Momma Runs said...

Another great post! I e-love you for who you are! And one of these days we are going to get to meet in real life so I can give you a giant hug.:)

Melissa McCoy said...

Thanks for checking out my blog, following back! Can't wait to get to know you!
The Real McCoy(s)

Theresa Benoit said...

Hi Hanna, and thank you for following my blog! I am now following yours and look forward to your posts! I am in the same situation that you were in about worrying what others would think. I am working on that, takes time I suppose! Thanks for your inspiring words. Cute outfit by the way!
Theresa

Michelle said...

What a fantastic post, this is my first time on your site and I already feel like Iv been following you for weeks. I hear you about feeling complete when you blog and being part of such a caring community. I think having a main topic or hobby you post about (mine is renovating) and then growing from that is great, at least you always have those key things to write about. I could probably be more personal on mine but I guess Im scared and worried about who might be reading and what they'll think of me. Im going to try to be more open as you say it has worked for you x

whisketeers.com said...

This is such an awesome post. I have some stories I want to share, but I'm still holding back. I know though, that I should open up even more in the future. There's probably someone out there that experienced the same things.

Thank you for writing this.

xo,
Alice

Whitney said...

This is such a beautiful post! I needed to hear it! I'm at the same phase with just starting my blog and wanting it to get out there. So happy I found your blog!

michaelandwhitneyweekes.blogspot.com

Paula Miller said...

What a sweet soul you are!! I'm so glad you stopped by my blog so that I was able to find yours :))

I'm now your newest follower as well!

Paula
lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

Dara said...

I'm glad to be reading your beautiful thoughts! great pictures too - who takes them for you? I practically have to bribe my husband to take pictures of me!

Jayme Holmes said...

I love your blog and I love how honest you are!

New follower!

Jay

http://youngmumsguidetosurvival.blogspot.com.au/

Bec Zacher said...

great reading about your journey and you look amazing! beautiful little bubba in there ;-)

myfroley@gmail.com said...

This is really lovely. I also have a problem with letting the guard down and putting too much out there. I do usually not get too personal, but then again the blogs I loe to read are the ones who do. It's really a battle within me, but I can't do it until I'm ready. I'm really glad you fouind what worked for you and that it's turned out so well. Congratulations, and you look fabulous by the way! I've found you via Casey's blog today
http://myfroley.blogspot.com

林永辉 said...

Great Post. I like your website. thank for your share to us.
i will come here everyday.Welcome to our website: www.lingerieocean.com
wholesale lingerie,wholesale underwear,sexy lingerie,sexy underwear

Curly Pink Runner said...

Hanna,
I love your blog, and I love your raw honesty and authenticity. This world has become the lonely, dark place that it is because of an absence of the courage you have to share YOU with others. Thank you for being bright, for being bold, for being YOU!!
Beautiful things DO happen!

Bec Z said...

Great post! I'm so happy for you that things are going so well with your blog. Truthful real-life content always hits home with people the most.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...